POLICIES, RULES & REGULATIONS
Help us to ensure that your stay is safe and comfortable by complying with the following rules and regulations. As a Member or Guest of Newgate Sandy Shores Campground, upon signing the registration folio at check-in, you automatically acknowledge receipt of and agree to abide by these Policies, Rules & Regulations. Thank you for your cooperation.
Management reserves the right to amend, revise, and add to these Rules and Regulations at any time. Determinations made in enforcing or interpreting these Rules and Regulations are at the sole discretion of Newgate Sandy Shores Management.
- Registering Member / Camper must be 21 years of age with valid credit card and valid picture ID. Registration and Occupancy is granted to Members / Campers in good standing. Occupancy may be assigned to non-Members by written notice of the Member.
- Newgate Sandy Shores Campground (“Campground”) reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Check-in time is 3:00 pm Sunday. Check-out time is 11:00 am Sunday. RVs arriving before 3:00 pm will not be allowed on site prior to 3:00 pm unless the site is clear. RVs arriving for check-in will not be allowed after 8:00 pm, NO EXCEPTIONS. All sites must be vacated by 11:00 am on the date of departure.
- The front gate is locked at 10:00 pm and opened at 8:00 am.
- Solicitation or signs referring to the sale of products or services at the campsites are not allowed.
- Campground personnel have the right to enter the campsite at any time without notice and the consent of the Member / Camper is not required before entry. Newgate Sandy Shores personnel have the right to control the campsite and the common property.
- GUESTS of Members and registered Campers must vacate the Park before 10:00 pm unless registered for overnight stay. Guest parking passes are available to registered Members only. Guest parking is in designated Guest/Visitor parking areas only.
MEMBER’S / CAMPERS RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY
- Parents or Guardians are liable and responsible at all times for the acts and conduct of their children. There is a 10:00 p.m. curfew for children under 18 years of age.
- While staff at Newgate Sandy Shores Campground makes every reasonable effort to safeguard Members / Campers and their property, Management assumes no liability for Members’ / Campers’ use of the Campground, its facilities and/or equipment. Members / Campers must take extra care in this Campground setting and use it at their own risk.
- Violation of any of the Rules and Regulations, or non-payment of the Membership / Campground Fee may result in eviction from the Campground, and forfeiture of any monies and/or reserved time.
- Access to the beaches and boat launch is as per posted times.
- The MAXIMUM SPEED LIMIT in the Campground is 15 kph and applies to moving vehicles of any type or size. Anyone operating a motor vehicle must have a valid driver’s license.
- The use of GOLF CARTS, ATVs, ORVs, CROSS-OVER MOTORBIKES, GAS-POWERED SCOOTERS, and POCKET BIKES is strictly forbidden. Bicycles may be ridden on the roadways and walking trails only.
- Riders under age 18 shall wear helmets when riding bicycles.
- Street-legal motorcycles may be ridden only to and from the campsite to the entrance.
- CAMPFIRES: Controlled campfires are allowed on campsites in the approved fireplace only and only when there is no fire ban in effect. Propane fire rings situated on gravel pad are allowed except during a “no flame” fire ban. Campfires must never be left unattended. All fires must be completely extinguished prior to leaving the fireplace area. Required fire equipment at fireplace: shovel, fire extinguisher or water source. Fireplace ash/embers must be placed in the ash barrel provided. Use fireplace at your own risk. You are responsible for any injury or property damage. Newgate Sandy Shores Campground assumes no liability for any accidents, injuries or damages incurred.
- FIREPITS MUST:
1. be on base no larger than 24″ in diameter
2. have screened sides
3. have fixed lid with chimney & spark arrestor
4. be on legs a minimum 4″ off the ground
5. be placed on a gravel base minimum of 12″ larger than the diameter of the fireplace
6. be placed in a clearing free of overhanging tree branches
- FIREPITS MUST:
- Use of fireworks is prohibited in the Campground and on the beach and public areas.
- No firearms of any kind, including soft guns or any item that projects any projectile are allowed in the Campground.
- No gas-powered remote control toys are allowed on the beach, roadways or trails. Operation of unmanned air equipment (drones) is strictly prohibited unless prior written permission is granted by Management.
- Gasoline and other combustibles must be stored in a safe manner: away from any flame, in a proper container.
WATER & SANI SERVICE
Single Week Campers
- Upon arrival, please fill your water holding tanks.The fill station is just in front of the Registration Office. There is also a sani dump in the same location if needed.
- Prior to August 15 we will not be able to provide an interim water/sani service for weekly non-members. Should you require a mid-week fill/dump, please take your RV to the fill/dump facilities at the Registration area.
Long Stay and Members
- We will continue to provide weekly water/sani service as determined by area and demand. The schedule will be determined on a weekly basis with service from Tuesday to Friday.
- Please make sure that you have your name on the service list no later than Monday afternoon for service during that week. The service list is kept at the Registration Office … please stop by the office or send an email to Pat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The black water tank must be at least 2/3 full. Please use enough water and tank conditioner to keep the black stuff in a liquid state.
- Forgot to put your name on the list? Emergency service is $60 Tuesday to Friday only. No sani service Saturday, Sunday or Monday.
- Only one (1) RV is allowed per site.
- A maximum of six (6) people, including adults and children, and 2 pets are allowed per site for overnight stays.
- In addition to your RV – whether a motor home or any form of RV – you are allowed no more than one (1) vehicle, the vehicle must be parked on the campsite’s designated gravel pad. Vehicles must not be parked on roadways, trails or grassy areas. Parking for second vehicles can be purchased at the Office. Any non-RV trailers (including those with ATVs, ORVs, boats, jet skis, etc.) will be required to be stored at the Campground’s storage lot. Vehicles and/or trailers shall not be parked on any campsite that you have not registered and paid for.
- Every tow, towed, or transportation vehicle must have a vehicle pass with the site number and current departure date visible. Vehicles without a pass will be stopped and asked to obtain a valid pass from the Office.
- A CAMPER SHELL MUST REMAIN ON ITS TRUCK. Only a slide-in camper with a permanently attached jack system may be removed from the truck it is installed on at any time within the Resort.
- Rugs, artificial turf, and camping equipment must be kept on the designated campsite.
- Washing of any vehicles, RVs, etc. on campsites is prohibited. Repairing / Working on vehicles is prohibited.
- Outdoor showers are prohibited. All grey water must be collected by RV sani tanks.
- Do not walk through or cut across any campsite, or climb over any fence. Use walkways, trails and roadways only. Respect other Members / Campers, their campsites, and personal property.
- Quiet time is enforced between the hours of 10:00 pm and 8:00 am.
- Generators can be in use: 8:00 am to 10:00 am, 12 noon – 2:00 pm, 6:00 pm to 8 pm. No more than 65 decibels & no more than 5 feet from RV, unless otherwise posted by NSSC.
- Do not erect fences
- Do not string lines from trees, bushes, buildings, or any other source as a clothesline.
- Please respect those around you. Keep your car stereos and other music low.
Members Only Privilege: In addition to the primary RV, one (1) small freestanding sleeping tent no larger than 7 feet high by 8 feet square is permitted for Members only. The tent must not be placed outside of the designated RV site, but on the ground, no farther than 15 feet from the RV. Tents must not encroach on neighboring campsites. Tents may be set up no longer than 7 nights and must be removed from the site when the Member is not at the Resort. Non-Members are limited to one RV or tent per campsite.
All pets outside of RVs must be kept on leashes (max. of six (6) feet in length) at all times. All pets are to be kept inside at night and are never to be left unattended. Two (2) quiet, well-mannered pets are allowed per site. Pet enclosures are not allowed outside of the designated RV site. Pet licenses and/or rabies certificates must be current. While the Resort considers itself a pet-friendly environment, our insurance carrier has required that the following dog breeds, or mixes thereof, not be allowed in the Resort: Pit Bull, Rottweiler, Doberman, Chow, Malamute, and Wolf Mixes. All pet owners must sign a liability waiver and are responsible for cleaning up after their pets, or they risk eviction and forfeiture of time or monies. You are strictly liable for injuries caused by your pet. Loose animals will be turned over to the SPCA or other authority.
***These same rules apply to all areas of the Resort including the beach. Pet owners must ensure their pets do not disturb the quiet enjoyment of others***
Security personnel are here to assist you. They patrol 24 hours a day. Security personnel may be reached by contacting the Office at the Main Entrance. Please report any problems with your campsite to the Office immediately. Newgate Sandy Shores Campground adheres to and maintains all provincial and local laws. Secure all personal valuables to deter theft.
Messages will be delivered to any campsite, and may incur a service charge per delivery. Messages will not be delivered after office hours.
* All fees must be paid in full by Visa or MasterCard or e-transfer at the time of booking.
* No refunds on Memberships. All Memberships are fully transferable upon request.
* 20% non-refundable handling fee charged for Weekly camping refund requests made 11 or more days prior to scheduled arrival.
* Requests for Weekly camping refund made 10 or less days prior to scheduled arrival receive Credit Voucher less 20% non-refundable handling fee (Credit Voucher valid for 12 months).
* Failure to arrive on the scheduled date is considered a no-show and no refund of any Weekly camping fees will be made and no Credit Voucher issued.
* All fees are non-refundable upon arrival on site.